2021 Gig Harbor PSA Salmon Derby Rules
Notice: In the event there is a closure in Area 11 due to quotas being met, the derby will continue in Area 13 only
- Participants must adhere to all Washington State Fishing Laws and Regulations.
- All occupants in each boat must have a valid derby ticket or the boat will be disqualified.
- Only one general prize winner per-ticket, plus special prizes. To be eligible for prizes, individuals must have, in their possession, a valid Derby Ticket. Duplicate ticket numbers registered will not be allowed except for registering a larger fish.
- Derby fish can only be caught in Areas 11 and 13, between daylight and 2 PM on the day of the derby. All fish must be transported by boat, via water, to the official weigh station: Point Defiance Boat House Dock.
- All derby fish must be weighed, marked, and logged in at the designated weigh station by derby officials and derby log signed by contestants to be eligible for awards.
- Weigh station will operate from 8 AM to 2 PM. Weigh-in times will be determined by cell phone times. Only fish on the dock and in line will be weighed at the 2:00 PM cutoff, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any fish that appears altered in any way or not legally caught on the day of the derby will be disqualified without recourse. Decision of derby officials is FINAL.
- In case of a tie for any event, the time of earliest fish weighed will determine the winner.
- Attendance at the awards and photo ceremony is required to receive prizes and to be eligible for raffle prizes. We request that winners bring their fish to awards ceremony for pictures.
- With the purchase of a derby ticket, persons entering the derby and/or aiding the derby officials or contestants do so of their own free will and thereby agree to hold the sponsors harmless for damages or claims, which may arise.
- Persons that purchase a derby ticket do not need to fish in the derby to be eligible for raffle prizes to be drawn at random but must be at the awards ceremony to win.
- Free youth tickets are for youth prizes only. If a youth wants to fish for the main prizes or team prize, the youth must have a paid derby ticket.
- GHPSA reserves our right to use all photos taken during the derby, official weigh-in and award ceremony at their discretion.