The Gig Harbor / Tacoma Puget Sound Angler angler of the year award is earned by the GHPSA member that earns the most points between January 1st and December 31st each year. Prize award(s) are assigned by GHPSA board each year.
Qualifications: Must be a GHPSA member in good standing.
- Members earn 100 points for winning a sanctioned GHPSA club fishing event.
- Members earn 75 points for placing 2nd in a sanctioned GHPSA club fishing event.
- Members earn 25 points for placing 3rd in a sanctioned GHPSA club fishing event.
- 10 points will be given for just attending the event.
- 50 points will be given for the first volunteer activity and 10 points for each additional volunteer activity.
Examples of qualifying events are: Cutthroat derby, Kokanee derby, GHPSA August salmon derby, Dick Smyth December derby, or those local events deemed by the board to qualify. No ocean salmon or halibut trips or any fishing event outside of Washington state will be considered as qualifying events by the GHPSA board.
Examples of qualifying activities are: Derby worker, Cast for Kids Outing, cook at club meeting, picnic volunteer, Christmas party worker, and those events deemed by the board to qualify.
Board will be responsible for keeping a list of points earned by club members at sanctioned GHPSA events and giving them to the President after each event. Angler of the Year Award will be presented each year at the GHPSA annual awards banquet.